Posted by Admin on June, 03, 2022
Important things to remember while planning an Overseas Travel?
In my earlier blog, I mentioned about certain important things that are required to be kept in mind while planning a domestic tour. Here I would like to pin point certain things that are essentially to be borne in mind while planning and international tour.
As I mentioned earlier, when a desire unfolds in your mind for a travel, first of all you need to identify a suitable destination. While identifying the destination, you need to know about the climate, political atmosphere, visa regulations, tourist guide-lines etc in that particular country which you have in mind. Also it is better to have a little knowledge about the laws, culture and language of the country. Because knowing about the the basic laws of the country you are visiting, especially traffic rules, will come in handy as many countries are extremely strict and even a little slip can cost you dearly. Also know your rights as a tourist so that no one takes undue advantage of you. Don’t forget to check on the travel warnings and health advisories also of the country either.
You must keep your travel documents, like passport, visa, travel insurance etc uptodate and ready. Anything can happen anytime and your passport is your lifeline during international travel. So keeping it safely is paramout. Though people use their mobile phone for keeping telephone numbers and other brief important information, but it will be wise to keep a small note-book in your pocket along with a pen. You should note down important telephone numbers and information that may be used during your travel. It will help you at the time of your mobile phone going off due to exhausted battery.
Once your travel destination is identified, it will be better to assign the job of the tour plan to a reliable travel partner in case of an overseas tour. Because for overseas tour, you need to contact service providers abroad that may consume a lot of time and energy, apart from cost incurred on international telephone calls. Though there are other communication ways too than direct telephone calls, e-mail being the most practiced and reliable among it, but still at times you need to contact the service provider for instant response on phone, depending on the circumstances. At times, response by email could be delayed.
Be a little smarter by knowing what is happening around you in the country you are traveling, especially if it is a place you don’t know much about it. This is possible with a News App downloaded in your mobile phone.
There is an array of things to remember and arrange before undertaking an overseas travel. Here it goes:
1) Make a check-list of things to do during your travel
2) Make sure that your passport validity doesn’t expire within six months of your travel at least, and also your passport has enough unused pages left.
3) Make sure that you have visa valid for the entire tour duration.
4) Take a travel insurance before venturing into the unknown for your own good.
5) Ensure that you get your day-wise tour itinerary from the travel agent (if booked through an Agent) and take a print out. It will help you cover all the tourist attractions as offered by the Agent and not miss out on any.
6) Keep a couple of photocopies of your travel documents additionally.
7) Carry Sanitizer and Masks (these have now become essential with the changed atmosphere)
8) Take a power adaptor / charger / ear phone for your laptop / mobile phone (these are often forgotten by many)
9) Carry Tooth Paste & Tooth Brush
10) Carry basic common medicines for fever, common cold, headache, tummy disorder etc other than the essential medicines that you daily consume, if any.
11) Keep Slippers & a towel (Your hotel may be providing bath towels, though)
12) Take a good book to read as time permits
13) Additional memory card for your mobile phone as you would be taking a lot of photos.
14) Keep enough forex and Credit Cards.
15) More importantly, keep your travel baggage as minimum as possible for easy and convenient movement.
As I mentioned in my earlier blog, head for an enjoyable and relaxed tour, rather than a hectic and restless trip so as to have optimal use of your trip. Of course, you should not miss out important and major tourist attractions, but can avoid insignificant and less important places. Give enough time to your body and mind.
Lastly, I would suggest you not to carry jewellery and valuables while traveling. Even if you need to carry some, it should always be in your carry-in bag and not in checked-in baggage.
Wish You A Happy Travel !!!
Aesthetic Tour & Travels, Delhi
Mob : 9999827103 / 9999490313